- 20-Apr-2017 to 19-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Education Services
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Title: Instructional Designer
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
The Instructional Designer/Curriculum Developer will provide and manage current and relevant content for MasterControl products. This role is responsible for designing curriculum and other materials for instructor-led courses, WebEx sessions, elearning courses, and independent study material.
This position will:
- Write, edit, and manage the MasterControl product content in such a format as to be used in a variety of product materials including online courses, instructor-led training, and WebEx Training Center presentations. These output materials may include, but are not limited to, published Storyline courses, PowerPoint decks, practice activities, step-action guides, product reference materials, etc.
- Work with associates and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to provide curriculum source content including materials for both classroom and online courses.
- Establish standards and processes for collecting and managing MasterControl product information from all Departments.
- Record, edit, and manage audio and video for online courses and independent studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Education Services Group and other departments with accessible, easy to understand, up-to-date content.
- Use rapid development tools like Storyline 2 to create elearning content and record software simulations/demos of MasterControl products.
- Record, edit and sync audio with Audacity or other recording applications.
- Assist with design and development for materials used during instructor-led courses, independent studies, and other presentations.
- Gather, edit, and organize content to be used for curriculum development and information sharing among various departments and maintain a process for working with SMEs.
- Collaborate with and maintain on-going dialog with Professional Services, Technical Field Services, Technical Support, Validation Services, and our EMEA Education group to ensure that education materials are current and consistent.
- Collaborate with the Education Team facilitators to ensure a seamless training experience between web-based training and instructor-led training.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, over the telephone, and through e-mail.
- Ability to build, control, access, and maintain content delivery applications.
- Experience with various learning theories and methodologies.
- Experience working with subject matter experts and leading large-scale development projects.
- Familiarity with SCORM and its application to elearning environments a plus.
- Technical skill with a variety of development and content management tools and applications such as Audacity, Storyline 2 and other development products.
- Self-driven with a strong sense of pride in work output.
- Graphic design or web design a plus.
- Some minimal travel may be required.
- A Bachelor degree or higher education level in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Communications, Writing, or Education.
- Proficiency with Articulate Storyline.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Personal attributes require composure under pressure, enjoyment in working with professionals, and the ability to balance a fun learning environment with clear concise instruction.