- 20-Mar-2017 to 19-May-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
The Senior GL Accountant will be responsible for managing significant accounting operations specifically related to month-end close processes and management of the general ledger.
- Completion of monthly financial reports, reconciliations and fixed asset management
- Review of accounts payable and expense reports
- Record and review prepaids, accruals, and other journal entries
- Cash management functions including maintenance of check register, bank reconciliations, credit card management, and some forecasting
- Commissions calculation
- Review and enforcement of internal policies and procedures and US GAAP reporting
- Continuous improvements to current processes
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited College or University
- 5+ years of accounting experience with financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Must have a strong financial close background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and good organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Netsuite accounting software experience preferred
- Software revenue recognition background preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to operate a computer and work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, over the telephone, and in e-mail.
- Bending, stooping and lifting are integral aspects of this position.
Why Work Here?
MasterControl is a place where Exceptional Teams come together to do their best work. Hiring Exceptional Teams, including the best talent in our industry, is a core value of ours. MasterControl employees are surrounded by intelligent, motivated individuals every day. We like to call it #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet.
We value every employee and their contribution to what makes MasterControl successful. We give right back to the employee through a generous benefits package, great flexibility, and continuous opportunities for advancement.
Not only do we hire Exceptional Teams, but we work hard to keep them here by developing and challenging their skillsets, encouraging professional development and growth, and offering a culture that can't be found elsewhere. Which is why we say - #WhyWorkAnywhereElse?
To put it simply, working at MasterControl is fun, challenging, and rewarding. From our Fitness Clubs to our awards programs, from our company parties to our competitive benefits, you can't really go wrong. MasterControl could be your next (and last) career move!
We are growing quickly and always looking for talented individuals to add to #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet!
Here are some of the benefits MasterControl employees enjoy:
- Generous PTO package of three weeks, increasing after just three years of employment
- Competitive compensation with annual merit increase reviews
- 100% medical premium coverage (yes, you read that right!)
- Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy ($50K)
- Great Flexibility
- Wellness Programs (every employee gets a Fitbit!)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United states on a full-time basis.
MasterControl is an Equal Opportunity Employer.