- 13-Mar-2017 to 12-May-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
Job Title: Software Development Intern
MasterControl is looking for creative, energetic interns to join our software development team. MasterControl provides a dynamic team environment with experienced software engineering mentors to increase the knowledgebase and industry expertise of our intern team. Team members learn to use innovative tools and methods to help produce great software. They gain valuable experience by working closely with product managers, developers, and testers in an agile environment to proactively ensure delivery of the best software possible.
The Software Development Team Interns perform a variety of tasks, including software development, testing, analysis, and feedback. They assist the Full-time Engineering teams with design, development, implementation, and analysis of the company's technical products and systems. They perform engineering design evaluations and may help develop a range of products.
The Interns also help develop and use manual and automated testing to ensure the highest quality software is delivered to our customers. Testing is done through bug and enhancement verification and executing functional and validation tests. They actively communicate software improvements and innovative process ideas to product teams as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain software applications as assigned
- Follow development process documents for software creation
- Create and execute test plans, including:
- Automated test suites, including regression and functional tests
- Manual tests such as bug verification and functional tests
- Customized regulatory validation tests
- Create design specifications for each component created
- Work with customers and technical support to resolve product issues
- Thoroughly document test results in a meaningful and measurable way
- Research new technologies
- Log defects in the defect tracking tool
- Adapt testing strategies and techniques to maximize test coverage and efficiency
- Provide useful feedback during design and development sessions
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & TECHNOLOGY INCLUDE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United states on a full-time basis.