- 01-Feb-2017 to 02-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Technical Support
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
Job Title: Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) provides high-level application and systems expertise in troubleshooting and resolving advanced technical issues for our customers. This senior level role works with technical support representatives, service consultants, sales operations and other company resources to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. Technical training and mentoring is a key element of this position.
The TAM serves as the primary technical contact for a select group of key customers and is responsible for the technical success of their respective MasterControl software products. The TAM develops an intimate knowledge of their customer's infrastructure including, hardware, software, and network configuration at each location, and is accountable to contribute extensively to the Knowledge Base that serves both internal engineers and external customers.
The TAM is also responsible for the identification of software defects and the reporting of such to engineering while providing interim solutions and workarounds when necessary for customers. TAMS work with other internal resources to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The TAM must be familiar with a variety of software troubleshooting concepts, practices, and procedures. The TAM relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The TAM engages and works closely with engineering support to resolve escalated issues. The TAM performs a variety of tasks and special projects including educating and promoting MasterControl features and functions to customers. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides senior level expertise and mentoring to members of the technical support team for advanced or escalated customer issues.
- Provides senior level technical support expertise to field services and sales support functions.
- As required, leads cross functional technical teams to resolve serious issues involving key customers.
- Serves as primary technical contact and resource to remote support locations including support partners.
- Performs implementation, migration and forms consulting services as directed either at MasterControl or at customer locations.
- Maintains documentation on customer installations.
- Proactively evaluates customer installations for performance tuning actions.
- Performs customer site visits to evaluate technical success and performance options.
- Logs time and issues in the time and issue management application.
- Logs defects in the defect tracking tool.
- Updates, maintains reports to customers and internal key contacts.
- Provides backup support to other TAM team members.
- Works directly with Engineering to assure resolution of P1 issues.
- Provides technical training and knowledge transfer for new or complex products.
- As directed, performs special projects within the Services Division.
- Provides to Product Management insight and expertise into enhancing the product to meet customer expectation and improve customer loyalty.
- As requested, provides seminars and WebEx sessions on key system functions and features.
- Provide articles to the newsletter on key customer or technical issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced Windows troubleshooting
- Advanced SQL and Oracle database skills
- Familiar with IIS, Apache/Tomcat or similar technology
- Some experience with systems security
- Solid understanding of Enterprise networks and infrastructure
- Understanding of VMWare environments
- Excellent customer relationship and advocacy skills
- Excellent problem determination and problem source identification (PD/PSI) skills
- Knowledge of MasterControl products'preferred
- Project management experience –preferred
- HDI Analyst or KCS Certification-preferred
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Four-year technical degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with technical support to customers.
- Network and system level troubleshooting and architectural concepts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May work a variety of schedule hours, as required.
- Some travel required.
Why Work Here?
MasterControl is a place where Exceptional Teams come together to do their best work. Hiring Exceptional Teams, including the best talent in our industry, is a core value of ours. MasterControl employees are surrounded by intelligent, motivated individuals every day. We like to call it #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet.
We value every employee and their contribution to what makes MasterControl successful. We give right back to the employee through a generous benefits package, great flexibility, and continuous opportunities for advancement.
Not only do we hire Exceptional Teams, but we work hard to keep them here by developing and challenging their skillsets, encouraging professional development and growth, and offering a culture that can't be found elsewhere. Which is why we say - #WhyWorkAnywhereElse?
To put it simply, working at MasterControl is fun, challenging, and rewarding. From our Fitness Clubs to our awards programs, from our company parties to our competitive benefits, you can't really go wrong. MasterControl could be your next (and last) career move!
We are growing quickly and always looking for talented individuals to add to #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet!
Here are some of the benefits MasterControl employees enjoy:
- Generous PTO package of three weeks, increasing after just three years of employment
- Competitive compensation with annual merit increase reviews
- 100% medical premium coverage (yes, you read that right!)
- Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy ($50K)
- Great Flexibility
- Wellness Programs (every employee gets a Fitbit!)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United states on a full-time basis.