- 04-Jan-2017 to 05-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Technical Support
- 84121, UT, USA
- Full Time
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides in depth, high-level technical support to MasterControl customers. The TSE maintains systems-level expertise and root cause-level troubleshooting while resolving advanced technical issues for our customers. TSEs work with fellow team members, service consultants, sales operations and other company resources to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
TSEs are responsible for the identification of software defects and the reporting of such to engineering while providing interim solutions and workarounds when necessary. This position works with other internal resources to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely fashion. TSEs follow technical support industry standard best practices, concepts, and procedures. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Responds to incoming technical support email and telephone calls.
• Logs software defects in the defect tracking tool.
• Creates cases and logs in the issue management system.
• Maintains and works on open cases while focusing on root cause analysis and trouble shooting.
• Performs software implementation, installation and upgrades to MasterControl customers.
• Updates and maintains reports for customers and key internal contacts.
• Provides backup support to other TSE team members.
• Works directly with engineering support to assure resolution of P1 issues.
• Provides and participate in technical training and knowledge transfer for new or complex products.
• As directed, performs special projects.
• Writes knowledge base articles.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Solid general networking experience (LAN, WAN etc.)
• Solid understanding of PC and server architecture and inter-connectivity
• Programming experience / knowledge (Java Script, HTML) helpful
• MS SQL experience / knowledge required.
• LDAP & Active Directory experience / knowledge desirable
• Oracle experience / knowledge desirable.
• Superior Trouble shooting skills.
• Excellent customer relationship and advocacy skills.
• Experience with Enterprise networks (servers, topology, connectivity etc.).
• Understanding of VMWare environments. Strong experience desirable.
• Attention to detail.
• Solid writing skills.
- Four-year technical degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with providing technical support to customers.
- Network and system level troubleshooting and architectural concepts preferred