- 20-Dec-2016 to 18-Feb-2017 (MST)
- Software Quality Assurance
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
MasterControl is looking for creative, energetic test engineers to join our software quality team. Team members will use innovative test tools and methods, working closely with product managers and developers in an agile environment, to proactively ensure delivery of the best software possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with product owners and developers during the design and development stages to understand requirements and create tests.
• Participate in the design and development sessions and provide useful feedback.
• Create and execute the following: Manual tests (including test cases, test plans, bug verification, and functional tests) and automated testing (including regression tests, functional tests, and custom validation tests).
• Thoroughly document test results.
• Utilize the defect tracking tool to log defects and verify software chances have been resolved correctly.
• Track quality assurance metrics.
• Maintain QA test lab hardware and software.
• Maintain hardware and software requirements documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Experience working with MS SQL and/or Oracle databases, including and understanding of SQL query language and backend testing.
• Experience with SQA testing processes, including functional, negative, regression, integration and acceptance testing.
• Ability to work with developers, managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that specifications are accurate, understood, and that quality testing is an integral part of every project.
• Ability to write professional, succinct quality documentation according to company standards.
• Ability to work in a team environment with strong negotiation, interpersonal, collaborative, trust-building, and conflict-resolution skills and ability to adapt to constructive criticism.
• Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Passionate about solving business problems in innovative and creative ways.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with attention to detail.
• Ability to meet multiple, challenging deadlines while communication expectations clearly.
• Ability to write working code in any of the above programming languages.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Familiarity with government standards and regulations.
• 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years test experience beyond degree requirement.