- 08-Dec-2016 to 06-Feb-2017 (MST)
- Technical Support
- Bundoora, VIC, AUS
- Full Time
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company which provides software tools to regulated organizations to help those organizations comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies, all of which must conform to FDA regulations. We also serve those general manufacturing companies seeking ISO certification. MasterControl's software helps companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
The AU Technical Support Manager oversees the AU Technical Support team to ensure customers are provided a World Class Support experience. This includes general management of the team's development, progress, and efficiencies. The Manager is also responsible for staffing and performance management. The role ensures proper handling, escalation, and resolution of customer issues according to established processes, adhereing to the SLA guidelines. The Manager also works as an active support engineer with an appropriate work load.
ESSENTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and participate in the coaching of the team in Service Excellence; including proper client communication, issue escalation, solution delivery, and incident closure.
- Ensure that the AU Technical Support team activities are in alignment to the MasterControl Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company culture among staff and customers.
- Manage support team to continuously meet or improve incident SLA performance metrics.
- Provide direct technical support to customers.
- Manage staffing, schedules and PTO to ensure adequate phone queue, email and self-service coverage.
- Provide team alignment to the continuous improvement and lean department initiatives.
- Generate statistical reporting and provide strategic recommendations as required.
- Manage compensation, promotions in accordance with HR policies.
- Collaborate with HR on recruiting efforts.
- Ensure that the team is actively engaged in contributing Knowledge Base articles as part of the workflow.
- Drive assigned departmental projects to completion.
- Understand the interactions and dependencies of all Technical Support functional processes within the organization.
- Ensure team processes are aligned and/or adhere to the departmental process standards.
- Act as a point contact for critical issues or politically escalated customers.
- Facilitate team-building, 1:1 interviews and MBO activities.
- Travel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- Exemplify the behaviours they would like to see in others.
- Motivate individual team members to take action, to continually improve themselves.
- Manager would have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
- Ability to build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
- Ability to show emotional intelligence in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to make decisions based on productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring support engineers and teams.
- MasterControl product knowledge preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- MBO, BS/CS, related degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive customer service experience or leadership training
- Preference for SCP, ITIL, HDI, KCS, IASSC Black Belt Certifications