- 29-Jul-2014 to 08-Sep-2014 (MST)
- Corporate Quality
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Position: Senior Value Stream Improvement Specialist/Champion
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Operations
MasterControl (www.MasterControl.com) is an international software solutions company that provides software solutions for regulated companies to comply with rigid quality standards. Our customers include medical device, pharmaceutical, and food companies that must conform to FDA regulations, as well as general manufacturing companies that require a high level of quality compliance, such as those found within ISO standards. MasterControl products help companies get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency.
The Senior Value Stream Improvement Specialist/Champion will advance MasterControl's operational excellence program'and business results'through expertly teaching, applying, championing, and standardizing Lean and Six Sigma philosophies, practices, and tools. This position will act as a key resource to MasterControl's executive team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and improve continuous improvement awareness and training on topics like Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- Manage and improve awards, recognitions, promotional efforts, communications, and internal Lean and Six Sigma certifications
- Manage MasterControl's improvement project pipeline including project/improvement suggestions, prioritization, scheduling and leading individual/department/cross-departmental kaizens, project status reporting, and results tracking, etc.
- Participate in the application of Lean and Six Sigma to understand and characterize focused business issues, such as capacity models, decision risk, work organization, etc.
- Lead and coach the application of Lean and Six Sigma within comprehensive department and cross-functional improvement projects
- Promote adoption of Lean and Six Sigma philosophies and practices through planned and ad hoc communications and interactions with functional department staff and executives
- Collaborate with executives on the measurement and analysis of critical business metrics, like productivity, ROI, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to operate a computer and work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Bending, stooping and lifting are integral aspects of this position
- Minimal travel, including international, required for work with MasterControl's overseas divisions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Hands-on approach combined with the desire to plan strategically
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and effectively prioritize workload
- Proven track record of improving operations
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Expert in statistical and numerical analysis and presentation of data
- Demonstrated, strong project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively'including classroom training and individual persuasion'and ability to tailor communication to a wide variety of audiences'from hourly employees to executives to customers
- Proficiency in working with financial data and managerial accounting data and terminology
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- 3-5 years of direct Lean and/or Six Sigma practitioner experience
- Experience deploying and championing continual improvement through an organization preferred
- Experience with customer resource management (CRM) systems preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!